Whole 30 has become a BIG part of my life and how I think about food. Although I am not on a round right now, I felt crappy eating non-Whole30 meals and decided to do a mini reset and think smarter about the food choices I make. I have been thinking of what recipes or meals I can add to my life to spice things up, save some cash and help me enjoy food that fuels my body everyday! Try out this granola and let me know what you think!
I have been thinking of some alterations to make a different granola every week. Some ideas are:
- Pumpkin Spice with Pecans, Cashews, Pumpkin Seeds and Dried Pears
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Almonds, Walnuts, Dried Apples and Cranberries
- Cardamon, Ginger, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Dried Cherries and Apricots
- Turmeric, Vanilla Bean, Coconut, Macadamia, Sunflower seeds, Dried Pineapple and Banana Chips
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Orange juice and zest, Dried Fig and Persimmon
Share your ideas with me in the comments! I would love to try your ideas. Over the next several weeks, I will try the above combos too and let you know how it goes!
Simple Whole 30 Granola
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup raw slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 dates
- 4 dried figs
- 1 TBS water
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- Chop dates and figs into small pieces (my figs were in 9 pieces and about 20 pieces for the dates) and mix in a bowl with raw nuts and seeds. You can chop all nuts on your own our use the pieces at the bottom of a bag. I liked having various sizes for texture.
- Add melted coconut oil and water to bowl and mix well. Preheat oven to 300ºF and let granola soak while oven preheats. Place in oven and toss around the mixture every 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it.
- Once the nuts and seeds are darkened or after 30 minutes, turn off oven and let granola cool. Once cool, transfer to an airtight container and store on counter.
- Enjoy by itself, with Whole 30 approved almond milk, or any other creative ways you can enjoy it. Mix up what nuts and seeds you use. Try adding unsweetened coconut, a pinch of salt and different approved dried fruits.